Friday, April 9, 2010

Cherries :)

I have been making all of my own baby food for Thomas with the exception of the rice cereal.  The rice cereal you can buy in the stores is fortified with iron and I don't know how to do that, lol, I don't think it's possible to do yourself, so I just buy Earth's Best or Gerber oatmeal and rice cereal.

I made my own homemade baby cherries yesterday after I took a trip to Whole Foods to buy organic cherries.  Unfortunately they didn't have fresh so from everything I've read, frozen is just as good, if not more fresh before they freeze it than fresh.  So I threw the de thawed frozen cherries in my food processor, blended them up and then cooked them for a few minutes to help cook down some of the sugars.  Then I placed them in individual snack bags and labeled them with 4 TBS each, so one bag was good enough for 2 feedings.

Whenever I've been trying a new food with Thomas I have been trying to take a video of the faces he makes for funny memories.  This morning after his morning nap I made his 2 TBS of cereal like I always do but I decided to introduce 2 TBS of a new fruit, CHERRIES!

J LOVES cherries!  I like them but sometimes they are a little tart.  I wondered how Mr. Man would react to this new, sweet but tangy fruit.  Well the video proves that he's a fan just like his Daddy!  At first he was a little unsure but he kept opening his mouth for more.  Funny boy.

After he finished the cherries he spit up a little bit, which is normal and didn't seem in any pain, etc.  So, I will try them again and see if we have a similar reaction, and if we do then I will probably wait a few more months.  Yeah for Thomas' First Cherries!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment