Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Survival Swimming - Day 2

Thomas had his 2nd survival swimming lesson today and Daddy joined us.  It started out well and he was happy but that all changed as soon as Penny, the instructor, started putting Thomas under the water for more than just a few seconds.  Poor little guy.  After he had been in the water for 10 minutes, getting tired and getting really frustrated, I started getting nervous.  I wanted to jump in and make it all better.  Give hugs and help him feel comforted.  I had to pull myself together.  It was probably a good thing that J was there to help calm my nerves.

I had to shorten the video below because youtube will only let you post a video up to 10 minutes in length.  It starts out with him crying pretty much right away although he was all smiles for 4 minutes until this point.  Thankfully as soon as he wasn't on his back in the water anymore he was happier and calmed down within a few minutes of being out of the water.

Argh!  It was tearing me up but I would rather him know to "survival swim" than not, so it's worth the anxiety :)


this ain't so bad



ut o, that stinking Penny put me under!



not diggin this floating thing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment