Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Survival Swimming - Day 1

Yesterday we had the first lesson of survival swimming lessons and Thomas did awesome!  He never cried, constantly smiled and was only worried about the rubber ducky the instructor gave him.  He acted shocked a few times, as you'll see in the video, but would smile shortly there after.

It's a six week program where we go five times a week, for ten minutes a day.  This program is a big commitment for both of us but J and I feel that the alternative is just not worth it.  Even though it's not fool proof, at least it gives me a few extra seconds should something bad happen, and in most cases that's all it takes.  I pray that we never have to "use" the survival swimming, that's it's just for preventative measures but in the event he got himself into a bad situation, it's better than no experience at all.

Our instructor's name is Penny and she's awesome!  I feel very comfortable with the way she handles Thomas, maybe it's her 25+ years of experience!  She talked me through everything and was very sweet.  I can't wait to see how the program will play out and I'm confident that Thomas will be floating in no time.  He's in good hands which helps Mommy handle this new adventure!

I'm sure he will cry at some point, they all do, but for now I'm praying for smiles :)


before swimming class began



hanging out on my towel after swimming lessons


No comments:

Post a Comment