Saturday, January 15, 2011

Update on Mommy (4 weeks w/ tube)

So after 4 weeks with this nephrostomy tube I have to say I feel much better than what I ever thought I would!  After two Dr.s appointments at the OB and Urologist this past week I have nothing but good news to report:

*The baby is growing right on track and everything looks as it should, perfect :)
*No placenta previa AT ALL!!
*Next appointment set for 24 weeks, they are treating me like a standard patient again, YAY!
*Dr. Lopez, my urologist says that I'm handling the nephrostomy tube beautifully.  He said he wishes everyone was like me as I have minimal pain, don't have to take the pain meds, little bleeding and skin around tube site looks good for all the tape that's been on it 24/7 since the tube has been placed.
*Scheduled nephrostomy tube replacement for 4 weeks from now, after having it for 8 weeks.  This is VERY exciting to me because Dr. Lopez originally told me I would have to have the tube replaced every 2-8 weeks and now he is saying definitely every 8 weeks and maybe up to 10 if everything keeps going well.  This means I might only have to have it replaced twice my whole pregnancy!  YAY!

I couldn't be happier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment