Saturday, April 23, 2011

KIDNEY STONE FREE!!!

This past Thursday, April 21st Dr. Lemoine became my best friend and made me KIDNEY STONE FREE!!

The surgery went "text book well" per the Dr.'s words.  The anesthesiologist decided not to put me under as he felt it was better for the baby just to do a spinal block.  I was awake during the procedure and was able to watch on the screens the whole progress which was pretty neat.  He found the stone fairly quickly and had to use the laser about 10 times to break it up.  Then he took a basket and grabbed as much of the remnants that he could before putting in a very small stint that will keep the ureter open for 1 week to help it heal and pass the pieces as easily as possible.  I had to be at the hospital at 9am and by 11:30 I was numb and on the surgery table.  The procedure took about 1 hour and I was in recovery from 12:30-5 before heading home.  Because of the spinal I had no stomach or grogginess issues.  I had to take pain pills for about 1 day as my bladder felt very sore.  They said to expect 2-3 days of soreness but it's been about 1.5 days and I already feel 90%.  

I couldn't be happier, no pre term labor, stone is gone, nephrostomy tube is gone, and in a few hours I get it to stop taking the iv antibiotics and get the midline out of my arm!!  Thank you everyone for all of your kind words, thoughts and prayers!  We are so lucky to have so many great friends and family members who were all thinking of us during my procedure and over the last 4 months.  It was the most perfect outcome to a long journey.  Now to focus on just the baby growing healthy and strong to my due date of May 30th in less than 6 weeks! 

Here is a picture that Jason took of me before surgery....hotness but I have to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment