Thursday, May 5, 2011

36 week appointment curse...

So with my pregnancy with Thomas at my 36w appointment I was sent to the hospital for higher blood pressures, swelling and protein in my urine.  I then was taken out of work till the end of my pregnancy, 24 hours urine collection and rest rest rest.  I ended up being induced and delivered the day before my due date and all was well with Mommy and baby.

Yesterday I had my 36w appointment Baby #2 and had yet another scare!  As soon as I got into the Dr.s office, she took my bp, 120/78, whew, we are good to go I thought.  No hospital visits, I've broken the curse.  Then, she went to check the baby's heart rate.  It sounded very high but I didn't think anything of it because the baby was moving around like crazy.  Then she said I'm going to talk to the Dr. because the baby's heart rate is 192, and normally runs 130-150, even when he/she is moving.  The Dr. comes in, checks me, still 2cm, no change and says she wants to put me on the monitors because she's worried about baby's heart rate.

I get set up on the NST and now baby's heart rate is really low and he/she isn't moving at all.  They give me juice as now they are getting a little worried because the strip isn't looking the way they want, about 5 minutes later baby looks beautiful on monitor.  They have me sit there for 20 minutes and say everything is good.  Whew!  Thank goodness!

Dang you 36w curse!  If we go for baby #3 you better not do this to me again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment