Friday, June 4, 2010

Making and enjoying quinoa...

In my favorite baby food making book there was a recipe for squash and quinoa pilaf.  I had never had quinoa before but have heard from friends that they really like it so I thought I'd give it a try and make Thomas' first quinoa :)

Here is a picture of the concoction and the recipe:


Then here is a picture of the meal up-close:



In short, you simmer a 1/2 cup of quinoa in vegetable stock for about 20-30 minutes.  In the meantime you grate  2 zucchinis or summer squash and cook in olive oil for about 5 minutes.  You combine the quinoa, cooked squash, a 1/2 tsp of cumin and it's ready to go!  I made it my own by adding some minced garlic and butternut squash puree as I had some left over for another baby stew we made this past week.  It turned out very yummy and Thomas seems to like it's taste as well as it's chunkier consistency.  

EASY, YUMMY and HEALTHY aka, a Mommy's best friend!  Here is the video of Thomas enjoying his first quinoa:



No comments:

Post a Comment