Sunday, September 18, 2011

cake pops!

Yesterday I was brave enough to attempt to make cake pops.  I chose to try a family recipe which was a chocolate cake.  It was one of my favorite cakes growing up and is a very moist cake so I thought I'd give it a try.  The homemade icing is the best I've ever had!  With cake pops you have to mix the icing in with the cake, so I knew they would taste good but looks might be a different story.  Well they didn't turnout too bad.  The one thing that I didn't do was have them dry on a piece of styrofoam standing up instead of upside down on their sprinkles so they are little squished on top but all in all I think they turned out alright.  I'm glad that I did a trial run on these though because they are a lot more time consuming than I thought.  
some of the cake pops while they were drying

my favorite - white chocolate dipped

semi sweet chocolate dipped

No comments:

Post a Comment