Friday, November 19, 2010

1st Surgical Glue experience :(

So this morning Thomas was pushing around his high chair, like he has done many times before as I was packing his lunch.  I was washing off the blueberries when I heard a trip and then a scream, I walked around the kitchen island and saw a large drop of blood on the ground, picked him up and saw a 1/2 inch sized split open gash bleeding away!  I tried to wipe the blood away with some paper towels while he screamed, fun times!  I took him outside, he calmed down a little bit and took a better look at the damage.  

I soon realized we weren't going to get away easy with this bump that he was going to need either a stitch or surgical glue.  So I called Nana to take us to the Dr. so I could wipe away the blood while we drove, called the Dr. and less than an hour later he is all glued up.  He didn't like the nurses and Dr. touching him but who would and after 2 lollipops he is much better and now snoozing away, Dr.'s orders :)  

I'm just hoping it doesn't scar :(  13 months and we've already been to the Dr. twice for bad head bumps and now this, boy o boy, he's ALL BOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment